Anger and guns — deadly combination
300 percent increase in gun sales in March
People are angry. They’re angry about the Covid lockdowns. They’re angry because they are losing their jobs and can’t pay the rent and feed their families. They’re angry because the stores are all out of the food and supplies they need to survive.
They are angry because they get beaten up by the cops if they don’t keep a certain distance from each other in public. They’re angry at the politicians who pretend to be helping but in truth are making things worse with partisan, self-serving bullshit. And African-Americans are angry because they find themselves — yet again — in the crosshairs of deadly racism.
In short, Americans are as mad as hell.
Peter Finch as Howard Beale in the 1976 movie ‘Network’
Howard Beale, the Mad Prophet of the Airwaves, yelled this mantra 44 years ago, but it’s more relevant in the Age of Covid than it was then — with one third of the country out of work and 2,000 people dying of the virus every day, with no end in sight.
- Police fire at protesters where Indianapolis cops killed three people in 24 hours
- Armed Black Panthers protest unarmed black man being gunned down two white men
- Sheriff’s deputy and armed whites terrorize black family by barging into their home
- Single Mother Arrested and Cuffed in New York for Protesting the Lockdown
- Florida woman arrested for being on a closed beach with a ‘We are free sign’
- Homeless tents in San Francisco up by 300 percent leaving streets impassable
- Native American tribes given 48 hours to remove checkpoints barring non-essential visitors from entering