WORST INFERNO EVER DOWN UNDER
BUSHFIRES RAGE ACOSS SEVEN STATES
More than 20 people have died, 500 million animals killed and thousands of homes destroyed so far.
The death toll will mount as the worst bushfires in Australia’s history will rage for another two months.
Meanwhile, a young hunter is a hero for risking his life to save nine koala bears from fires in the state of Victoria.
Patrick Boyle, 22, went on a daring mission into the inferno and saved the koalas, already an endangered species Down Under.
“I’ve found eight or nine so far that have been rescued. I found over ten that were dead and about another five that are alive and healthy for the time being,” he said.
STORY, PIX & VIDEO HERE
Sydney hottest place on earth — 120F / 49C.
Military forces scramble to save families trapped in hell.
DEATH / DAMAGE TOLL IN SEVEN STATES
NEW SOUTH WALES/AUSTRALIA CAPITAL TERRITORY (ACT)
- At least 150 bushfires were burning in New South Wales on Saturday evening
- 17 people dead
- 3.6 million hectares burned
- At least 1,365 homes confirmed destroyed
- Two people dead, six missing
- More than 50 bushfires burning
- More than 784,000 hectares burned
- 68 structures confirmed destroyed — number expected to rise significantly
- Three people, including two from Kangaroo Island, are dead
- 17 bushfires burning
- More than 100,000 hectares burned
- 88 homes confirmed destroyed
- 600 properties on Kangaroo Island are without power
- 33 bushfires burning
- 250,000 hectares burned
- 45 homes confirmed destroyed
- More than 35 bushfires burning
- 1.5 million hectares burned
- One home confirmed destroyed
- 23 bushfires burning
- 30,000 hectares burned
- Two homes confirmed destroyed
- Five bushfires burning
- Five homes confirmed destroyed
Updated story with shocking pix and videos HERE.